Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Dissertation

I finally passed the comps and I'm starting the dissertation for the general psychology PhD.  I am VERY excited!  I started this program in 2008 and would like to finish before I start getting social security, which won't be long.  There are 16 hOOps, I mean milestones, to complete beginning with completing the ethics module.

When I began this venture, there were several people that told me this would not get me anywhere, what are you going to do with a doctorate?  My reply:  I'm doing this for me...it keeps my brain from turning completing into mush.  It has not been easy as I've had to take 3 classes a second time, but I finally got through them.

I'm planning on doing a qualitative study looking at the experience of having a sense of humor on self-esteem, well-being, and quality of life for adults over 55.  You might be hearing from me to complete a survey or be interviewed...if you meet the criteria.

Wish me luck!!!  Like I said, I'm VERY excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment