Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Alice’s Wonderland




I had a lot of time to think, while driving from Alabama back to central Florida, and decided I want to begin a blog.  There is much info, from the past that needs to be told, so I’ll be playing ketchup.  Now lettuce begin…..
I worked New Year’s Eve until it was party time, at Laurie’s, with Leslie and Susan.  When I arrived the hostess presented me with a new hat, small blue hat that lights up.  It was quite fetching!  We started eating around 730 and discussing what games we were going to attempt.  We started with Bella’s HeadBandz, which is really fancy charades.  Next was a new game, Baloney, which teaches the players to lie…I have a saying, “Lie and stick with it”, so this game was right up my alley.  Learning a new game can be confusing and tedious but we eventually made it through a round.  Another new game we had was Beezer Wizzer which I have had since last year but never opened; therefore, never played.  We played in teams trying to answer trivia.  I am not good at answering trivia but that does not stop me from trying.  And then on to another fun game of Scattergories.  I really like this one, not good at it either.  By this time, we had consumed mass quantities of delicious goodies and it was barely 1030.  We still had another hour and a ½ to enjoy munchies and play wild and wacky games.  Laurie decided to take a break and Susan joined her but Leslie, Bella, and I weren’t done yet…a round or 2 of Apples to Apples was up next. 
About 1145, we began watching Dick Clark’s New Year’s Eve show on TV.  At midnight, we blew our horns loudly and proudly.  My horn sounded like a wounded walrus.  Bella burned a few Sparklers and I burned one with her.  I like the fireworks that you throw on the ground or stomp on.  We didn’t have those.
In the past, I usually leave about 5 minutes after the ball drops and in Times Square, too.  Tonight was different, even though Laurie was yawning and talking about how tired she was.  Leslie, Susan, and I didn’t make a move to leave until almost 130…a.m.  I had to drive home (50 minutes) and there were many cars on the road.  Where is everyone going?  I got home and could not sleep…all night…until 5 a.m.
I came in to work today and took down the Christmas decorations for another year.  I’m catching up on Sherlock, quite entertaining. 
I’m still eating some of the goodies from last night’s festivities. 
Well, this is it the first installment in Alice’s Wonderland.  Be careful going down the rabbit hole……

No comments:

Post a Comment